My Apprenticeship

My Apprenticeship
The Apprentices

Tuesday 26 November 2013

The first day of my apprenticeship...


The first day of the apprenticeship was in Archbishop Beck College, where we study for the NVQ side of the apprenticeship. We spent the day sorting out our portfolio folders and were given information about how the NVQ works. Basically there are different units within the portfolio, some are compulsory to complete whilst you get to choose some of the units you want to complete. The units relate to what we do in work and we write about what we have done in order to tick off the criteria within the unit in a candidate statement, which then gets assessed by Joanne Welsh from Archbishop Beck.

We then had our first day of work, which I was a bit nervous for but wasn’t too bad on the day because we had already been around the building and met some of the people who work there during the week we had been there for the information day, presentation and the interviews. When we got there we were given information about the share incentive plan and pension scheme that employees of Rathbones can join. We then had an induction meeting with other new employees of Rathbones to introduce us all to each other and the company. After this we were then shown to where we were going to be working which made me nervous as I didn’t know how my colleagues would react to having an apprentice in the department but thankfully they made me feel welcome and helped me settled in well!

No comments:

Post a Comment